To meet the GaoGaiGar-Betterman Wiki's quality standards, this article requires general cleanup by formatting or adding more information. Because of this, the information on this page may not be factual.
EI-16 (also known as the "Long-range Cannon Robo") is a Zonder fought in Episode 16(?). It was created by Polonaise's infusion of Zonder Metal into a man cramming for the examinations to enter Tokyo University, who fused with the lost German Schwerer Gustav rail cannon Dora.
During its rampage, EI-16 targeted several of Japan's major universities with incredible accuracy, leaving craters resembling meteor impacts. It was stopped from destroying Tokyo University by ChoRyuJin. Thanks to information obtained from Volfogg, GGG had discovered that it was impossible for the Zonder to have been firing rounds with angles perpendicular to the tracks; therefore, it could only be firing from the tracks' switching points. Learning that all of its targets had been struck at noon, GGG dispatched GaoGaiGar and Volfogg towards the railway near Gunmaken for a surprise attack.
The Zonder took the bait and emerged from the tunnel at 12:00, to which GaoGaiGar responded by forming behind the Zonder. Unfortunately, this backfired when EI-16 manipulated the tracks themselves to tie down GaoGaiGar, simultaneously morphing itself to point its massive cannon at Guy. It then fired at GaoGaiGar, but was blocked at the last minute by the Dividing Driver; however, the sheer force of the impact managed to destroy GaoGaiGar's left arm.
When EI-16 tried to finish the King of Braves with another shot, Guy cleverly fired a Broken Magnum into its barrel just as it fired. The resulting backfire destroyed EI-16, with the core being protected by Big Volfogg's Mirror Coating.
- Cannon: EI-16 was capable of firing 80 cm shells at supersonic speed. The shells had devastating effect even to GaoGaiGar, as well as the Zonder itself.
- Track Manipulation: EI-16 could control parts of the track it sat on, allowing it to restrain GaoGaiGar by forming tendrils from the tracks and seizing the enemy mecha's legs.
- Reversal: Although EI-16's cannon was fixed in place, it could turn itself around on the tracks by shapeshifting itself to point the opposite direction. Coupled with its ability to immobilize enemies by controlling the tracks around it, the Zonder was able to counter attempts to assault its seemingly-vulnerable back.
- The Dora rail cannon used to form this Zonder is a real weapon; however, it was found in post-war Germany instead of Japan.
- Despite being a Zonder, EI-16 did not display an actual ability to transform into a Zonder Robo. It was only shown to change its direction, but considering that the robot head is visible in the original form, it's possible that EI-16 does not have an actual robot form.