To meet the GaoGaiGar-Betterman Wiki's quality standards, this article requires general cleanup by formatting or adding more information. Because of this, the information on this page may not be factual.
King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL (勇者王ガオガイガー FINAL Yūshaō Gaogaigā Fainaru?) is the OVA sequel released in 2000 to the 1997 television anime series King of Braves GaoGaiGar. It is comprised of eight episodes and set after the events at the end of the original television series, featuring new and returning characters from the television series and other GaoGaiGar media. Notable inclusions are the return of Mamoru and Galeon; the first anime appearance of Renais Kerdif-Shishioh, Guy Shishioh's cousin from GGG's sister organization Chasseur (as first seen in the novel The King of Braves GaoGaiGar: Queen of Leo ''Leon Reine''), as well as GaoGaiGar's successor mechanoids GaoFighGar and Genesic GaoGaiGar.
Final has a very different set of themes from the original series, focusing primarily on two central themes. The first is "together with the oath sworn through courage", a phrase which Guy and many of the other heroes reference many times throughout Final. The oath is not an actual oath per se, but rather an embodiment of the will of the heroes to fight to their last breath. It is the concept that, as Papillon Noir said in the finale, we will always overcome the difficulties ahead of us as long as we have courage.
The second primary theme is the recurring imagery of God versus the Devil, a concept briefly touched on during the last fight of the original series. From Palparepa's view, the victor becomes God and the vanquished the Devil. He quite clearly sees himself as God, and at two points he mentally sees Guy as the Devil, the demon who brings ruin. Later in Final, Guy (or rather, Genesic GaoGaiGar) is revealed to be the God of Destruction, the one who brings the hope of a fresh start from zero, the challenge of infinite possibility. The dualist nature of GaoGaiGar suggests that there must then be a God (or Goddess) of Protection - all factors indicate that this would be Mikoto Utsugi, herself an invincible lifeform formed from the remains of the power of Zonder Metal.
- Due to the Goldion Crusher not being introduced until the last OVA, the theme song used in Episode 7 blanks out where Masaaki Endoh would normally shout the name of the weapon and for two seconds afterwards, replacing the expected video of the Goldion Crusher with an image of Genesic GaoGaiGar and GaoFighGar shaking hands while the original GaoGaiGar looks on.
- Most of the villains in FINAL are intended to be direct counterparts to members of the main cast. This is subtle in some cases (such as Palparepa, who initially bears very little resemblance to Guy), while in others it is much more blatant.
- The King of Braves is Reborn!
- Gods of Destruction! Decisive Battle in the Storm!
- GGG Exile Order
- The King of Braves' Last Stand
- The White Ark Restored
- My name is Genesic
- The Superhero Apocalypse